Environmental Health Trust
EHT's self-described mission is to "[educate] individuals, health professionals and communities about controllable environmental health risks and policy changes needed to reduce those risks. Current multi-media projects include: local and national campaigns to ban smoking and asbestos; working with international physician and worker safety groups to warn about the risks of inappropriate use of diagnostic radiation and cell phones, exploring what factors lie behind puzzlingly high rates of cancer. With the public's support, EHT can do more work like to help protect the world's brains and bodies."
EHT was founded by Devra Davis, a professional health scare fearmonger. Sir Richard Doll, a highly regarded scientist who helped establish the link between smoking and lung cancer in the 1950s, once told Science magazine that Davis' work was "uninteresting," "uninformative," "boring" and "old junk."
Campaigns and Claims
- Cell phones. Environmental Health Trust Experts Warn That Cell Phone Radiation Excites the Brain of Healthy Adults (Media release), Newswise, February 22, 2011.
- Cell phones. Leaders of WHO Cell Phone Research Urge Precautions in Using Cell Phones, Says Environmental Health Trust, PRWeb, February 17, 2011.
- Cell phones. Environmental Health Trust Calls for Warning Labels on Cell Phones, Marketwire, January 17, 2011.
- Diethyl phthalate (DEP). Abercrombie & Fitch: Stop Spraying Toxic Fragrance! (Media Release), Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, September 28, 2010.
- Letter from CFSC to Abercrombie & Fitch, September 28, 2010.
Offshoots, Affiliates and Confederates
- Allergy Kids Foundation
- Alliance for a Healthy Tomorrow
- American Fertility Association
- Boston Self Help Center
- Breast Cancer Action
- Breast Cancer Fund
- California Healthy Nail Salon Collaborative
- Campaign for Safe Cosmetics
- Cancer Schmancer
- Center for Health, Environment & Justice (CHEJ)
- Clean Water Action
- Clean Water Fund
- Clean New York
- Connnecticut Nurses' Association
- Environmental Defence Canada
- Environmental Health Fund
- Environmental Working Group
- Friends of the Earth
- Healthy Child, Healthy World
- Making Our Milk Safe (MOMS)
- Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition
- National Asian Pacific American Women's Forum
- National Black Environmental Justice Network
- National Environmental Trust
- National Toxic Encephalopathy Foundation
- National Organization for Women
- Next Generation
- New York Nurses Association
- Oregon Environmental Council
- Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Shaping Youth
- Rhode Island State Nurses Association
- Teens Turning Green
- Washington Toxics Coalition
- Women’s Voices for the Earth