Welcome to JunkScience.com's Debunkosaurus™!
Beginning in 1996, JunkScience.com pioneered the online exposing and debunking of junk science, in the process being cited as:
- a "Hot Pick" by Science magazine;
- one of the "50 Best Web Sites" by Popular Science magazine; and
- a "Top Resource" and one of the "Most Popular" health news web sites by Yahoo!
Then in 2001, Steve Milloy compiled the first comprehensive guide for debunking junk science, entitled Junk Science Judo: Self-Defense Against Health Scares and Scams (Cato Institute 2001).
In 2010, JunkScience.com began taking junk science debunking to the next level with the Debunkosaurus™, a unique Wiki-based tool for laymen and experts alike.
This resource includes:
- A unique step-by-step guide for debunking health scares and scams;
- Entries for:
- Past and ongoing health scares and scams;
- Notable and notorious people, organizations and books/movies behind the scares and scams;
- Junk science terminology, concepts, methodologies and related special topics;
- Future platforms for public participation in the exposing and debunking of junk science.
This is a work in progress. If you would like to participate in compiling/updating the Debunkosaurus™ or have content suggestions, please contact Steve Milloy at firstname.lastname@example.org.